A Great Place to Work
We recognize that our greatest strength and most valued assets are our employees. At Schine Electric we strive to provide a clean, safe work environment, and the tools and training they need to be successful in the field. We are proud to have a team that has been with us throughout the years, and see it as a testament to our commitment of putting our employees first. If you’re interested in employment with Schine Electric, please inquire through our contact page.
Electrical Apprenticeship Program
Employment Opportunities at Schine Electric
Established in 1941, the Montana Apprenticeship and Training Program is a state driven program with the Department of Labor and Industry that provides apprenticeship registration, oversight for apprenticeship program, and compliance for both organized and independent employers and apprentices in the State of Montana, and employer approvals.
Apprenticeship is one of the oldest forms of training for crafts and trades, and allows for an entry-level worker to learn a skilled occupation by combining working on the job and completing technical related instruction that is occupation specific. The apprentice is mentored by a competent journey-worker on a daily basis and is paid a wage based on a progression schedule.
Employer eligibility is based on the ability to provide a broad scope of experience at the worksite necessary for an apprentice to achieve training to a journeymen level, to provide a safe working environment and a willingness to comply with program standards established for apprenticeship training.
Qualifications for apprentice entry into the program include:
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Physical ability to perform the duties required by the occupation
- Mechanical aptitude
- A strong math background is not required but necessary for course work completion
The Apprenticeship and Training Program as well as the Montana Department of Labor and Industry maintain on-going goals and objectives.
These goals and objectives include:
- To provide free consulting and technical assistance to Montana employers in setting up and registering apprenticeship training programs.
- To provide oversight service and monitoring of existing apprenticeship programs to ensure compliance with federal, state and industry training standards and successful completion of apprentices.
- To provide information to the public about apprenticeship opportunities.
- To maintain and revise apprenticeship training standards, to safeguard the welfare of apprentices and to ensure the quality of the training.
If you’re interested in employment with Schine Electric, please contact us at: (406) 265-6900 for current opportunities. You can also inquire through our contact page here.